Saturday, June 23, 2007

Welcome to my blog!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hello out there. I am starting this to see if talking or should say typing will help me to lose the rest of this weight I am carrying around. I am no where near the point of when I started to want this weight off. I was at the 435 lb. spot. It took a feeding tube in me called a peg. This is when I started to lose the weight. I ended up at that time losing 274 lbs. guess what i have gained part of that back. i have took up riding a bike. one problem there. i have a husband that thinks i need to be at the level of riding he is and i am definitely not. any ideas out there to get his mind to realize that i am not there yet. he has 2 years on me. help with some ideas there. i will love all ways and i would truly appreciate all the help given.

before i do forget. i am down to 235 lbs. yes, i have gained some of that weight back. but now i want it off, i can not keep up with tom anymore.

my friends, see what all of us can come up with. recipes, exercise, big bike rides that now take me all day to do. anything. i honestly do not care what.


thank you for all the ways

Crazylady

4 comments:

Mekan said...

I be in there first!

Dan said...

I seem to be in the 'many short rides' mode, rather than taking long ones. It fits my schedule better. (An hour before work, a commute with the long way home, a trip to the drugstore, etc.)

Big Mike In Oz said...

Short rides all the time. In my last 2 years at high school (a long time ago) I lost over 40 pounds. That got me all the way down to 8% body fat so there wasn't much more to be done.

The secret was there was no secret. I rode my bike over 700 times in 2 years. That's right, I averaged around 1 day per month off the bike. It's not all bad news though, just like Dan said... I had a favourite training ride as a 15 year old... it was only 5.7 miles but I got out of bed at 4am no matter what. Near freezing temps in winter - RIDE. Pouring rain for weeks on end - RIDE.

RIDE, RIDE, RIDE, RIDE, RIDE. I would roll down the drive way and then smash my legs just to get it over with. It took around 20 minutes in the beginning, and towards the end it was under 12 minutes.

At the start I was teased at school for being fat. 2 years later I was teased for having shaved legs. But I placed in the top 10 of the school cross country in a school of 1400 students and I won a state silver medal on my bike. All because I rode every day.

Just pedal the thing a little bit every day. On the days when you have time add some extra pedal time, but just ride for 15 minutes minimum every day.

Yokota Fritz said...

Hello Crazylady! Congratulations on your achievements so far. If Tom gives you some lip just smack him some and keep on going!